What began as a way for college students to connect has grown into one of the world’s largest social networks. In turn, it has become one of the best marketing resources too. Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. It was launched in February 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
Benefits of Facebook for Business
As of June 30, 2017, there are 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook and over 1 billion daily active users. That is a large network for a small business to tap into! Using a Facebook page has many potential benefits for your business. While some of these benefits are similar to having a website, a number are unique to Facebook.
Facebook allows a small business owner to:
- Access a low-cost marketing strategy
- Quickly and easily share basic information about your business
- Share pictures and videos about your products and services
- Talk to existing and potential customers
- Direct traffic to your website
- Target advertising
- Offer deals
How to Use Facebook to Attract More Clients
Over the course of the next several weeks/blogs, I will be sharing how to use Facebook to attract more clients. Here is an overview of the topics or strategies I will be expanding on:
- Don’t Be Afraid to Show Your Personality on Facebook – A few fun ways to lighten up the mood on Facebook and to increase your engagement with your followers.
- Be Confident in Your Business and Always Ask for the Sale – In order to make a profit, you need to sell your products and services.
- Spread Your Name Recognition with Boosted Posts on Facebook – This is a form of advertising which costs money but it’s a quick and more passive way to reach more people in a short amount of time.
- Don’t Sit in the Shadows: Tell Your Message to the World – If you don’t toot your own horn once in a while, nobody else will do it for you.
- Be Social on Facebook, Reach Out and Make Friends – A huge component of what makes social media work for you is actually being social.
- Increase Your Sales and Name Recognition with Facebook Ads – If you want to take control and try to speed up the rate at which you obtain leads or make sales, try using Facebook Ads to increase your reach.
- Consistency Yields More Followers on Facebook – If you want to build an audience of loyal followers on any social media platform, consistency must be a part of your posting strategy.
- Use Facebook Events to Have Fun with Your Followers – It’s a great way to get extra publicity for your business; however, it takes some planning to get it just right.
- Use Free Facebook Groups to Attract Prospects – If you want to interact more personally with potential clients, offer a Facebook group.
- Toot Your Horn with Testimonials on Facebook – If you’re in business to make money, then you need to market your business and actually tell people what you do.
Which of these are you currently doing today? Which ones will you implement?
Other blogs you may find helpful:
- 8 Tips to get Higher Engagement on your Facebook Posts
- 4 Tips for Managing Social Media Posts & Saving Time When Posting
- How to Set Up Facebook Reviews and Recommendations
I look forward to sharing more information on each of these strategies, I hope you will follow along in this blog series. If you have any questions, I invite you to leave a comment below or contact me today.
Christine Hull, 647-273-1057