In a study by Social Media Examiner, they found out that 33% of marketers devote 1-5 hours weekly to social media marketing and 25% spend 6 to 10 hours each week.
While social media is now one of the most effective and convenient ways to reach your customers, it is only one aspect of a whole marketing strategy. Ideally, you should spend your effort equally on both online and offline marketing (live events, workshops, tradeshows, etc).
Which social media platforms do you use? Which one is right for you and your business? Quick answer – you should FOCUS on networks that fit your own target market. Spend time on the platforms where your customers are “hanging out.”
4 TIPS FOR MANAGING SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- SCHEDULE POSTS IN ADVANCE: Use the Scheduling feature on your social media platform or a social media scheduling program (i.e., Buffer, Hootsuite, Cinchshare, etc.) to help save time and post consistently on your social media account. See below for instructions on how to schedule Facebook posts using the the Facebook scheduling feature.
- CREATE A POST DATABASE: Share a good mix of fresh, new, engaging content along with evergreen content that can be used year round. Search for topics and relevant content and save it for future use. You can use spreadsheets, folders, etc.
- RE-SHARE / REPUPROSE OLD POSTS: Look at your post analytics to see which posts received the most likes, comments, shares, and/or post-clicks and re-share or repurpose those with a twist.
- LINK TO YOUR BLOG: or other social media platforms to keep your audience in your sphere/network. When sharing always let your audience know “what’s in it for them!“
HOW DO I SCHEDULE & EDIT POSTS USING FACEBOOK?
You can create a post and schedule it to publish on your Page in the future. Scheduled posts can be created and edited by other admins and editors who help manage your Page.
To Schedule a Post
1. Start creating your post at the top of your page’s timeline.
2. Click the down arrow next to the Publish button and select Schedule.
3. In the Publication Schedule section, select a date and time in the future to publish your post.
4. Click Schedule.
To Reschedule, Edit or Delete a Scheduled Post
1. Click Publishing Tools at the top of your Facebook page.
2. Click Scheduled Posts in the left column.
3. Click the post you want to edit.
The Post dialog box appears.
4. Click Edit to edit the post, or click to choose to publish, reschedule or delete it.
5. Complete the required steps based on the option you selected.
HOW DO I VIEW MY PAGE INSIGHTS/ANALYTICS?
Page Insights provide information about your Page’s performance, like demographic data about your audience and how people are responding to your posts.
To see when your fans are online:
1. Click Insights at the top of your Facebook page.
2. Click Posts on the left for more information.
To see post reactions, comments and shares:
1. Click Insights at the top of your page
2. Click Posts on the left
3. Scroll down to All Posts Published and view the various Engagement columns.
To export Page post data for a specific date range:
You can view insights for all of your Page posts after July 19, 2011, and you can download data about Page posts from the past 180 days.
1. Click Insights at the top of your Page.
2. Click Export Data in the top right.
3. Below Data Type, select Post data.
4. Select a date range and a file format on the right. You may also need to choose a layout.
5. Click Export Data.
NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE?
At Christine Hull & Associates, we help small business owners and entrepreneurs with administrative, technical, and social media tasks that they cannot do, do not want to do, or do not have time to do! Let us help you save time, save money, and save your sanity!