Thanks for Joining the 5-Day Facebook LIVE Challenge
I am an Online Business Manager & Trainer at Christine Hull & Associates. We help small business owners and entrepreneurs with administrative, technical, and social media tasks that they cannot do, don’t want to do, or don’t have time to do! If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with items on your business ‘to do’ list, let’s chat and see if I can help you out!
The 5-Day Facebook Live Challenge is for You if You:
- Want to build a deeper connection with your clients
- Increase Visibility and brand awareness and increase sales
- Know you should be going LIVE but are not sure how or what to talk about
- Are willing to be uncomfortable for a bit in order to impact more people and grow your network and your bottom line
- Are open to improving yourself and your marketing efforts.
What will Happen in this 5-Day Facebook LIVE Challenge?
- Each day I will provide a 20-minute LIVE training session (1pm) in our private 5-Day Facebook LIVE Challenge group to share tips and tricks to going Live and enhancing your videos.
- You will be assigned a daily challenge (approx. 10 minutes) and a Live Video topic.
- You are encouraged to go LIVE every day and include the hashtag #LiveFor5
JOIN NOW: http://bit.ly/5DayFBLiveChallengeGroup
What is Facebook LIVE?
Facebook Live is a feature that offers live-streaming video capabilities to Facebook users (pages and profiles). Facebook for iOS and Android via a smart phone or on your desktop computer.
How Do I Go LIVE?
- Start a post and then tap on the Live Video
- Enter the description for your broadcast. (You can tag friends and add hashtags to your video description.)
- Change your audience by selecting the desired audience from the Share With
- Tap the Switch button to switch back and forth to the front and back camera view.
- Tap the Go Live button when you’re ready. (use will see a 3 second countdown.
- During your broadcast, you’ll see how many viewers you have and can respond to comments live. You can also hide comments or switch the front and back cameras of your phone.
- End your broadcast when you’re done by tapping on the Finish
- If desired, you can Save the video to your camera roll by switching to ON
Note: Your video is automatically saved to your Facebook Page for fans to view later. However, you can remove it at any time, just like any other post.
Why are Marketers Excited about Facebook Live?
It is a fun and easy way for business owners to use the power of video to communicate their brand stories, and build authentic relationships with fans and followers — in real time. Answer their burning questions, hear what’s on their mind and check out their Live Reactions to gauge how their broadcast is going. Your followers can receive notifications when you go live so they know to tune in to your broadcasts at just the right time.
Benefits of Using Facebook Live
- Live Videos have a 148% higher organic reach than photos
- Facebook’s algorithm ranks Facebook Live videos higher in the News Feed than other videos
- Create a Better Relationship with your Audience
- Provide Information Immediately
- Increased brand awareness, increased visibility (increased sales potential)
Be Creative and Go Live Often
Try different types of broadcasts – and go Live frequently – to keep your audience engaged. Here are some topics to try out:
- Give a sneak peek of new products launching
- Answer frequently asked questions (great customer service idea)
- Show some “behind the scenes” action of your business (maybe even meet the team)
- Teach your audience how to do something (cook, knit, decorate, apply makeup, etc.)
LIVE videos allow you to engage with your group, members, or fans in REAL TIME. It’s a fantastic opportunity for them to get to know you and for you to get to know them!!
JOIN NOW: http://bit.ly/5DayFBLiveChallengeGroup
What Equipment Do You Need to Go Live
- Smartphone – Most smartphones have excellent cameras so you don’t need to invest in a video camera
- Headphones – You definitely want to use some form of a microphone to cut out the background noise and
- Selfie Stick/Tripod – You don’t have to use a selfie stick or tripod but it does make shooting your videos easier and more stable.
- Lighting – Natural lighting is best if you have it…with sun pointing into your face.
Go Live – TIPS
1. Prepare Your Space & Equipment. Before you broadcast your live video, you need to do some preparation to ensure that viewers will be able to hear you clearly without distraction, follow your future broadcasts, and participate. Test your space and equipment.
2. Do a Practice Video. Practice going Live with the “Only Me” video option.
3. Tell fans when you’re broadcasting ahead of time. Build anticipation by letting your audience know when you’ll be going live with a written post. We’ve found one day’s notice gives people the right amount of time to tune in.
4. Go Live when you have a strong connection. Check the app to make sure that you have a strong signal before going live. WiFi tends to work best, but if you can’t find a nearby network, you’ll want a 4G connection. If you have weak signal, the ‘Go Live’ button will be grayed out.
5. Write a catchy description before going live. A great description will capture people’s attention and help them understand what your broadcast is about.
6. Ask viewers to subscribe to Live notifications. Remind your audience that they can tap on the Follow button on live videos and videos that were live so that they can get notifications the next time you go live.
7. Say hello to commenters by name; respond to their comments live. Your audience will be thrilled to hear you mention their name and answer their questions when you are Live.
8. Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more people. The longer you broadcast, the more likely people are to discover and share your video with their friends on Facebook. We recommend that you go Live for at least 10 minutes although you can stay live for up to 4 hours at a time.
9. Ask questions and give your audience a quick way to answer. Plan your questions out ahead of time and ask questions to encourage engagement.
10. Ensure you add a Call to Action (CTA). See examples below.
11. Use a closing line to signal the end of the broadcast. Be sure to finish with a closing line, like “Thanks for watching!” or “I’ll be going live again soon.” End by looking into the camera with a smile and pausing for a moment.
Call to Action (CTA)
In marketing, a call to action (CTA) is an instruction to the audience designed to provoke an immediate response, usually using an imperative verb such as “call now”, “find out more” or “visit my website today”.
Examples of CTAs for online videos:
- If you found this content helpful…give me a thumbs up in the comments section
- If you’ve enjoyed these tips, tag a friend or team member.
- Want to be notified when I go live next, subscribe to Live notifications.
- Like my Facebook page to get more valuable content like this!
- Visit my website (link in the comments), to purchase the product shared in this video.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if a video is live? There will be a red icon at the top left-hand corner of the video indicating that it is a live video. The word “Live” is written next to the icon, along with the number of current viewers.
- What happens to the Live video after the broadcast ends? The video will be published to the Page or profile so that fans and friends who missed it can watch at a later time. The broadcaster can remove the video post at any time, just like any other post.
- Can I control and customize my audience for live videos on Facebook? If you’re a Page, you can apply control and customization settingsto the video on the broadcast after it has ended. Additionally, people can decide who sees their live video by selecting an audience before beginning a live broadcast.
- Is there a time limit for Live broadcasts? Live broadcasts can last up to 4 hours.
- What sort of connection do I need to go Live? It is recommended that you have a strong signal before going live, a 4G connection is best. The recommended mbps should be 2.5 – 4 mbps. To check your internet speed ahead of time, download the Speedtest app from the App Store or Google Play.
- How can people discover live broadcasts on Facebook? People can discover live videos right in News Feed. To get notified when certain a broadcaster goes live, tap the “Live Subscribe” button on the top of a live video to get notified when that person or Page goes live again. People who frequently engage with or have recently interacted with a person or Page going Live may receive a notification.
Is Facebook Live Right for You?
Facebook Live allows you to improve visibility while lowering the barrier between you and your audience. Live videos make you and your business more relatable, so you can develop relationships with current and future customers.
The more you broadcast Live video, the more you can assess what gets the most views, engagement, and response. Do more of what works to create connections with your audience.
If you’re not sure if Facebook Live videos are right for you, join our group to learn more, get tips and tricks, and practice in a safe environment.
JOIN NOW : http://bit.ly/5DayFBLiveChallengeGroup